All training courses are current suspended
As we have now taken the decision to cancel all group activities, it means we have unfortunately had to take the decision to suspend all training courses, initially until April 30th.
We hope to be able to deliver training courses after the end of April, once government advice permits us to.
Please get in touch with the Training Team if you have any queries about future courses or current bookings.
Cycling UK's Advanced Mountain Bike Leader course covers:
- riding on technical ground
- managing your group in technical ground: developing skills and identifying hazards
- navigating accurately and in detail
- dealing with mechanical incidents with a wide variety of trailside repairs and fixes
- motivating, engaging and educating your group members
- delivering skills development sessions for your participants as part of rides
Extending your knowledge and skills from your Cycling UK Mountain Bike Leader course, the Advanced Mountain Bike Leader course enables you to guide riders into technical and demanding terrain.
This course is widely recognised as one of the benchmarks of competence with the outdoor education and activity industries - including holiday guides, teachers, youth workers and multi-activity instructors in the UK and abroad.
Technical off-road terrain, inc. rocks, roots and bumps
- Cycling UK Mountain Bike Leader course
- Valid 16hr Outdoor First Aid Certificate.
- min age 18
- A logbook of led rides in trail terrain (minimum of 6, but evidence of 20 or more leader experiences) and 12 personal rides (covering at least three geologically different areas) in technical terrain
- Riding in Poor weather
A new award has been developed with the European organisation of Mountain Bike Instructors - Guides (E0-MTBInG) and in association with the Association of British Mountain Bike Guides-- http://www.a-bmg.co.uk/
Cycling UK has mapped across the awards together with MIAS, MBCUK to develop a European Licence for MTB Guides.
Expedition Module - New for 2017. This module covers all aspects of multi day riding.
£360 (£324 for Cycling UK members)