Grand Draw Terms and Conditions
Grand Draw Terms and Conditions
Cycling UK is licensed by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain to promote a lottery under the 2005 Gambling Act, Gambling Commission Licence no: 000-034954-N-316357-009. Responsible person: Georgina Cox.
Thank you for supporting Cycling UK. These terms and conditions refer to online, phone and postal entry to our raffle.
The Cycling UK Grand Draw is open to all UK residents over the age of 16, except employees (and their families) of Cycling UK and any partners or companies directly involved in the running of the raffle.
Online entries close at 1am, Friday 29 November 2019. The deadline to order paper ticket books for postal entry is 1am, Wednesday 20 November 2019. Postal entries must be returned to Cycling UK by Monday 25 November 2019 to allow time for processing. The draw will take place on Friday 29 November 2019. Any entries received after closing will be treated as donations and will not be entered into the draw.
The cost of each ticket entry into the Grand Draw is £1. You may purchase more than one ticket but the maximum number of tickets is one hundred (£100) per draw. Payment to enter the raffle must be made in advance of the draw date.
No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out age verification checks.
If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
Participation in this raffle can be made by through this website with payment by credit or debit card, where entrants will be notified by email of their ticket numbers. Some credit card providers may charge a cash advance fee for raffle ticket payments. Please check with your provider before paying for raffle tickets using this method. Entrants may also return ticket stubs in the post with payment by credit/debit card or cheque.
Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw only when the whole payment is received.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the draw to be disrupted or corrupted.
The winners will be selected at random from all entries received to this competition.
The winners will be notified by telephone and/or email on Friday 29 November 2019 and their details will be passed on to the third party providing the prize. If the winner is unable to confirm their details within one week of the draw closing, they will forfeit their prize in its entirety to an alternative winner.
If a winner is unable to take up a prize, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner and the first winner will not be eligible for any share of the prize.
The names of the winners will be published on the Cycling UK website and Cycle magazine. All winners are required to co-operate with The Promoter’s right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested.
The prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. No cash alternative will be available.
Events may occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond Cycling UK’s control, which may at its discretion vary or amend the promotion. No liability shall be attached to Cycling UK as a result thereof.
Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the first prize in descending order.
Prizes are allocated as follows:
- First prize: £3,000 cash
- Paid to the winner by cheque
- Second prize: TDA Global Cycling holiday worth up to £1,980
- Includes staff and vehicle support, most food (breakfast, lunch, afternoon soup, dinner on cycling days) and all accommodations throughout the tour. Staff include bike mechanic, medic, drivers, cooks, and the tour leader who gives route information every evening before the rides. Vehicle support includes carrying their bags, and available for pickups if rider is sick/injured/tired etc. Experiences organisation, and a well-researched and interesting route that we have run several times before. It also includes 6 months of pre tour support and information sharing to get them prepared for the tour.
- Things not includes - flight, visas (as needed), travel insurance, vaccinations (as needed), tourist site entry fees, extras (hotel upgrades, etc).
- Third prize: Adventure South New Zealand holiday worth up to £1,100
- 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners: 4 nights hotel/motel accommodation on twin share basis, mostly ensuite bathroom facilities
- Professional qualified driver/guide, 2 professional guides/drivers on trips with 8 or more people
- Private vehicle transport (except for Taieri Gorge train), Taieri Gorge Train trip to Dunedin, Otago Central Rail Trail passport
- Wine tasting at a Central Otago vineyard, Water and snacks while cycling
- Access and concession fees paid to the Department of Conservation
- Winner must travel on a fixed group departure between 19 August 2019 and 31 April 2020. Travel is subject to availability and trips meeting minimum numbers. Valid for direct bookings with Adventure South NZ only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Surcharges, supplements, child prices and any other additions outside of the inclusions in the trip notes are not included in the prize. The prize winner is responsible for all other items of personal nature, including spending money, insurance, transport to and from their departure point, drink, meals (except where stipulated), personal equipment and all other ancillary costs. Land costs only – flights not included. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash or credit.
- Fourth prize: Cycle Miles holiday for 3 nights for up to 6 people worth £800
- Prize is a long weekend arriving on Friday and departing on Monday (3 nights). Or mid-week, arriving on a Monday and departing on a Friday (4 nights).
- Up to 6 guests (3 double rooms).
- Prize must be used by 30th June 2020
- Fifth prize: Robust Roux Foray P15 courtesy of 2x2 Worldwide worth £569
- Sixth prize: Mango custom single speed bike worth up to £550
- Seventh prize: Bristol Bikes Hybrid City Bike worth £445
- Eighth prize: 5 x sets of Lezyne lights (1 x set per winner) courtesy of Upgrade worth £400 in total
- Ninth prize: Ortlieb pannier and frame pack and Axiom frame rack courtesy of Cycle Surgery worth £285
- Tenth prize: Discover Ferries break for 2 people and 2 bikes worth up to £250
- The prize is a return ferry ticket for 2 people and 2 bicycles on your choice of one of the below routes:
- Brittany Ferries: Any UK to France route, including ensuite cabin
- Condor Ferries: Any UK to the Channel Island route of your choice (Guernsey or Jersey) sitting in Condor Ferries Horizon Lounge.
- DFDS: Dover – France or Newcastle – Amsterdam
- Isle of Man Steam Packet Company: Liverpool, Heysham or Belfast to/from the Isle of Man
- Stena Line: Cairnyan/Liverpool to Belfast, Holyhead to Dublin or Fishguard to Rosslare
- The prize is subject to the availability of the ferry operator. All travel must be booked by 26 February 2020 and a minimum of 28 days before departure. All travel must be completed by 1 November 2020 and excludes Wednesday 27th May – Wednesday 17th June 2020 inclusive on the Isle of Man routes and 10 July – 7 September 2020 on all routes.Travel insurance is not included in the prize and you should make separate arrangements to ensure you have adequate cover in advance of your holiday.Any items outside of the prize description are not included and will be at your own expense. No cash alternative is available. This prize is not transferable under any circumstances. Winner need to provide their own transport to get to the port. Lost prizes will not be reissued or extended.Additional passenger/trailer/caravan/accommodation/cabins are payable at the relevant price at the time of booking. A valid email address must be supplied in order to receive booking confirmation. Travel is only permitted on the routes specified.
- Eleventh prize: Birzman Travel Toolbox courtesy of Silverfish worth £220
- Twelfth prize: Classic Soigneur Merino race jersey, semi customised worth £130
- Thirteenth prize: Beryl Laserlight core worth £125
- Fourteenth prize: Assos shorts courtesy of Bikezaar worth £120
- Size and gender options are available
- Fifteenth prize: Kaga Ultra Lite, single vision sunglasses worth £69
- Only single vision prescription inserts included for Sunglasses
Please note prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or credit
The result of the Grand Draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Please keep the ticket or allocated number as proof of purchase.
In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, The Promoter reserves the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the Promoter deems it appropriate and/or feasible it will notify entrants of the error.
Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
If you do not want Cycling UK to contact you about its activities, products or services, please use one of the following methods to unsubscribe or tailor what communications you receive: a) use the unsubscribe link found in the footer of all of our emails. b) contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 238301. If you have any query about the use Cycling UK make of your data, please write to the Data Controller at the address below.
Entry into the Grand Draw implies acceptance of these terms.
Promoter: Cycling UK, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford, GU2 9JX. Cycling UK is a trading name of Cyclists’ Touring Club (CTC) a company limited by guarantee, registered in England no: 25185. Registered as a charity in England and Wales Charity No: 1147607 and in Scotland Charity No: SC042541.
The Grand Draw is intended to be a fun way of helping to raise awareness and funds for Cycling UK. However, we are committed to operating the raffle in a socially responsible way. If you, or someone you know, need information or help with problem gambling, please call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit the Be Gamble Aware website.
If you feel that you have a gambling problem, you can self-exclude yourself from any Cycling UK raffle activity. Please email or write to us asking to be excluded using the contact details above.
We will flag the self-exclusion on your record as a suppression on our database for a minimum period of six months during which time you will not be able to participate in any Cycling UK gaming activity. We will not send you any information directly related to raffles or gaming during this time.