All training courses are current suspended
As we have now taken the decision to cancel all group activities, it means we have unfortunately had to take the decision to suspend all training courses, initially until April 30th.
We hope to be able to deliver training courses after the end of April, once government advice permits us to.
Please get in touch with the Training Team if you have any queries about future courses or current bookings.
During the course, you will:
- learn about parts of a bike
- discuss the health benefits of cycling
- assist participants with their riding - building skills and confidence
- learn how to assist a ride manager to lead rides effectively
- practice riding in a group
You will learn the basics of assisting with group rides in a non-technical environment. This course is an ideal introduction to leadership techniques for on-road ride leaders.
Roads and traffic-free routes
- Be a confident rider to the level of Assistant Group Leader
- A well-maintained bicycle
- Interest in providing cycle rides and increasing participation
- Have attempted to fix punctures.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (It is a legal requirement to be 18 or over before you can be in charge of others.)
You may (but are not required to) also have:
- Previous experience in ride leading and / or leading groups in the outdoors
- An understanding of the M-check (bicycle safety check)
After your Assistant Group Leader course, move on to the Group Leader qualification.
Why not combine the Assistant Group leader and Group Leader course in one weekend?
2 day courses are available: Please contact 01483 238301.
First Aid 1 & 2 Day Courses
£125 (£112.50 for Cycling UK members)